Thursday, August 8, 2019

How to Tweet/I'm Famous on Twitter this Week

I'll start with my excitement for the week: Econ twitter giant, Scott Cunningham, has a new job these job well these days (well, in addition to his usual one at Baylor). He is Associate Editor of Research Impact at the Journal of Human Resources. Basically, he promotes new and forthcoming JHR articles using twitter threads and interviews with authors. This week, he promoted my article (coauthored with Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes) on how binding caps on H-1B visas affect career paths of international students. I was nervous about the interview, but I will admit that it was really fun to be famous on twitter for a day! 

For those of you who are not on twitter but are interested in taking a peek, see this beginner's guide to #EconTwitter. Many good tips on getting started. My own piece of advice: #EconTwitter can be so useful, not only for getting career advice (it's where I get most of my inspiration for my blog) and learning about new papers but also for helping you feel part of a community. Careful though: if you spend your entire day everyday getting career advice vs. actually writing papers, you probably won't get so far. Maybe tread with caution but happy tweeting!   

Image result for twitter logo

P.S.
You can follow me if you like: @FurtadoDelia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment